To stay fit all day, we have to do regular exercise. However, we seldom get our time to go to a gym or walk in the busy world. In that case, a recumbent bike can be a great solution. You can keep it at your home or office and spend some time to burn some calories as well.
However, for a tall person, getting the right one is somehow daunting. A traditional average height recumbent will not be suitable for you. You need the best recumbent bike for a tall person that can serve you perfectly. Stick to the article until the end to find out the right bike for you.
What Muscles Does Recumbent Bike Work?
When you perform extension motion in the recumbent, you extend your legs, and your glute muscles engage in the work. At the same time, the quadriceps on the front thighs help glutes to perform extension. So it gets engaged in the exercise too. On the opposite of the quads, hamstrings muscles flex the knee while pushing the bike’s pedals. These muscles activate to draw your foot back.
The calf muscles are situated on the lower back leg work every time you take your foot around. Some recumbent bikes come with arm cranks that involve hand workout. In that case, forearm muscles and shoulder muscles contribute as well. That means glutes muscles, quadriceps, hamstrings, calf muscles, and some arm muscles do recumbent bike work.
Table of Content:
- 5 Best Recumbent Bike For A Tall Person Reviews 2021
- Why A Recumbent Bike Is a Great Choice For Tall Person?
5 Best Recumbent Bike For A Tall Person Reviews 2021
Nowadays, the market is a competitive place for manufacturers of recumbent bikes. It becomes difficult to get the perfect recumbent bike for a tall man. Here are the suggestions of some good recumbent bikes for you to remove your hassle to search for the perfect one.
1. Fitness Reality Recumbent Exercise Bike
The Fitness Reality Recumbent Bike is great in the market with 24 preset workout programs. You can choose any of them to burn calories and remove muscle stiffness. It features 24 levels of magnetic tension resistance that allow you to take as much pressure as you want. With its 3 computer Goal settings, you can set your goal and work out to achieve the goal as well.
You can see the distance, time, and calories you have burned during the work out with the backlit LCD console. It shows speed, pulse, odometer, and watts as well for a more accurate result. Even you can check your heart rate after the workout with its hand pulse sensor. With its Android and iOS app, you can track everything you do to check the process.
The bike can be the best exercise bike for tall person with its oversized patented large foam cushioned seat. It delivers additional comfort for long session workouts. Its fabric is breathable to offer you a sweat-free workout session. For more comfort, it has a comfortable backrest along with molded mesh. It supports your back where the elbow rest pads make the workout sessions relaxed.
Fitness Reality Features:
- The bike comes with 24 preset and tension levels to choose from for maximum effectiveness in the workout.
- Its 3” extra thick airsoft seat along with breathable cover ensures maximum comfort and lets you work out more time for maximum calorie burning.
- You have the hand pulse sensor that evaluates your heart rate and helps you remain in the target heart rate.
- Its backrest and armrest features make your work out more comfortable and more fun.
- You can monitor your speed, time, distance, and all other information in the LCD, and all the info will be tracked in the app.
2. Vanswe Recumbent Exercise Bike
Vanswe Recumbent Exercise Bike comes with 16-levels Magnetic Tension to customize the challenge at your home. You can set the level at your convenience and go for the challenge. With its fully adjustable seat, you can make your exercise more comfortable. You will have a flawless biking experience with its smooth pedal feeling that makes it a Top Recumbent Exercise Bike for taller people.
With its thick and soft seat cushion, you can do your workout with the highest comfort. This bike has an LCD computer screen to see the heart rate, speed, distance, calories burned, and other information. You get a Fitness Data app to track your workouts record to see the progress you have made. Tablet support is there too to let you read or watch anything on the tablet.
It has a backrest that ensures accurate posture during the workout. Its Pedal comes with straps that prevent your shoes from sliding. You can enjoy the workout without any noise as it features Needle Roller Bearing. A Double Belt is there too for more stability where its hand Pulse Sensors monitor your heart rate before and after the workout.
Vanswe Recumbent Features:
- The bike features 16 preset levels of magnetic resistance to customize your workout challenge every day.
- Its adjustable and soft seat cushion, ensures comfort and lets you do your work out for a long time.
- You have an LCD monitor to check your workout data, and an app is there to record all the data to check progress.
- Its backrest provides an ergonomic posture where its straps pedals prevent sliding for more stability.
- A hand pulse sensor is there to read pulse to understand your health better with the highest reliability.
3. Lanos Folding Exercise Bike
Lanos Folding Exercise Bike can be the best indoor exercise bike for tall person with its 330LBS weight and 6’7” Height capacity. It offers 10-levels of adjustable magnetic tension. As a result, you can set your intensity level at your convenience every day and increase the intensity day by day. With its balanced flywheel, you will always get a smooth and quiet ride.
It is a 2-in-1 bike that offers upright exercise and recumbent exercise. Upright is good for the heart and cardio fitness, where recumbent removes muscle stiffness and fatigue. You have a cushioned and adjustable seat that you can adjust based on your height, and it will provide a comfortable ride in each position with ergonomic posture. It features a foldable construction that lets you keep the bike in a small space.
With its digital monitor, you can monitor the distance in miles, time, calories, and others. You have a pulse rate sensor in the armrest that tracks your heart rate. A phone or tablet holder is there that allows you to do other things while working out. It has slip-resistant pedals for additional comfort. Its high-quality steel materials are easy to assemble and expected to last longer.
Lanos Folding Features:
- The bike comes with 10-level magnetic tension to let you set your standards to fulfill your personal goals.
- You have both upright exercise and recumbent exercise to keep you healthy all day.
- Its adjustable cushioned seat provides you the comfort you need to work out for a long time.
- You can check your activity measurement on the digital display and record it in the mobile app.
- Its foldable design allows you to install it anywhere you want and carry it anywhere as well.
4. MaxKare Recumbent Bike
MaxKare Bike comes with a high-quality large premium steel frame and 300 LBS capacity to offer taller people durability and suitability. It offers you an 8-level magnetic resistance that you customize to adjust the intensity of your work out. You can go for an easy exercise or intensive work out with the same bike.
It has an ergonomic seat design that keeps your back in a safe position. With its backrest with a comfortable thick sponge, you get maximum comfort and work out for a long time. You have a lever that makes the seat adjustment easier for convenience exercise. Also, its handles are padded with vinyl foam as well to ensure a strong grip. A pulse sensor is placed there to show you your heart rate as well.
This exercise bike with adjustable seat features an LCD monitor that tracks and shows you the exercise data such as time, speed, calories burned, and others. An iPad holder is there that lets you amuse yourself while doing exercise. You can relocate the bike anywhere with its wheels for even more convenience. Since the magnetic system does not make much sound, it will not disturb you at all.
MaxKare Recumbent Features:
- The bike has 8 levels of workout intensity that makes it perfect for beginner and pro.
- It features a large, adjustable, and ergonomic seat and backrest to help you achieve your exercise goal.
- You have an armrest covered with vinyl foam for comfort and a pulse sensor to measure your heart rate.
- An LCD monitor is there to track and record your exercise data to see the progress.
- The magnetic system ensures a whisper-quiet exercising experience without bothering your family members.
5. Exerpeutic Recumbent Exercise Bike
If you are after the best recumbent bike for a tall person, you should consider the EXERPEUTIC Recumbent Bike. It comes with 300 lbs weight capacity along with extended leg stabilizers that deliver a strong platform to work out for a tall person. You will get 8 Tension Levels to burn more or fewer calories, depending on your need.
With its easy on-and-off features, it offers intensive cardio exercise at home to minimize your back and joint stress. It can be the best recumbent exercise bike for tall person with its large seat cushion along with seat adjustments. Adjusting becomes easy with this feature. A backrest is there too so that you can rest your hand for long time exercise.
A large LCD shows distance, calories burned, and others to show you the progress. With its exercise bike heart rate monitor, you can be sure you are in the right heart rate. It offers a quiet operation that does not disturb you or others at all. You can simply move the bike in a suitable place with its wheel. Its large pedals provide maximum stability while doing your cardio workout.
EXERPEUTIC Recumbent Features:
- The bike comes with 8 levels of Magnetic Tension to offer you the flexibility to an easier or more challenging workout.
- It has a large capacity with extended leg stabilizers that offer effectiveness and comfort for tall people.
- You have an adjustable and comfortable seat along with a backrest that allows you to work out for a longer time with more comfort.
- It comes with a large LCD monitor and hand pulse sensors to keep you within your target heart rate zone.
- You can easily relocate your recumbent bike with its easy to move transportation wheels.
Why A Recumbent Bike Is a Great Choice For Tall Person?
For a taller person, not all types of exercising tools can provide comfort and flexibility. Most of their used equipment is too short or compressed for tall people. However, they should not stay out of the exercise due to this reason. Instead, they should do more exercise to overcome the problem caused by short and compressed equipment. A recumbent bike can be a great option for a tall person, for sure. It offers the customization he needs.
You will find recumbent bikes designed for tall people. It comes with a large cushion seat to sit comfortably to work out. At the same time, most of the bikes offer seat adjustment to let you adjust the seat height based on your height. Even it offers different levels of intensity workout to stay fit. A tall person can do cardio exercises and make his muscles more flexible. At the same time, it helps you achieve better stability, much needed for a taller person.
Also, it helps improve balance. Since most tall people suffer from back pain or joint pain due to the bad fit equipment or furniture they have to use, a recumbent bike can be really handy to get rid of this problem. That is why a recumbent bike can be a perfect option for a tall person to stay fit all day.
Frequently Asked Questions
After reading the review on the recumbent bike, some questions may arise in your mind. To give your brain the answer, you should have a look at the section below.
Can you lose belly fat on a recumbent bike?
You can lose your belly fat by intake fewer calories than burning. Though a recumbent bike does not work with abdominal muscles, it can help you burn more calories with cardio exercise that can ultimately help you lose your belly fat.
Is a recumbent bike good for seniors?
Yes, it is extremely effective and efficient for seniors since most of the seniors suffer from muscle stiffness and joint pain. If they use a recumbent bike to exercise, it will reduce their muscle stiffness, reduce joint pain, and help them stay fit.
Are recumbent bikes a good workout?
Yes, a recumbent bike works with different muscle groups such as glutes muscles, quadriceps, hamstrings, calf muscles, and some arm muscles. Also, it helps reduce joint pain that makes a recumbent bike a good workout.
Are recumbent bikes ideal for tall people?
A recumbent bike can be a suitable option for taller people as it helps them reduce muscle stiffness and reduce joint pain. Also, there are recumbent bikes designed especially for tall people too.
What is the upper height limit for someone to use a Recumbent Bike?
Well, you will find a maximum upper height of 6’7” for someone to use a recumbent bike. However, some bikes come with seat adjustments that may be suitable for people taller than that height.
A recumbent bike is great for exercising at home while enjoying reading or watching something. It helps you work with the muscles of different parts of your body to improve muscle flexibility and reduce joint pain. However, finding the best recumbent bike for a tall person is somehow difficult. So we have portrayed some of the top class bikes for taller people so that you get the right one to work out perfectly at home or office.
If you are not sure yet about which one will be best for you, I will suggest you go for the EXERPEUTIC Recumbent Bike. It is suitable and designed for up to 300 lbs weight people. Besides, you have different intensity levels, easy on-and-off features, and large and adjustable seat cushions back for maximum comfort. You can track and record time, calorie burned, and even heart rate with this bike. Also, it offers a silent exercising environment for you. So overall, with all these benefits, this one will be a perfect one for you.