If you are looking for Best Recumbent Bike for Home, then look no further, you are at the right place. A recumbent bike is an excellent machine for cardiovascular exercise at home.
Furthermore, it differs from a regular bike by placing the rider in a reclining position instead of an upright position and provides full back support. It reduces the stress on your joints and allows you to focus on the exercise.
Thanks to Covid-19, many people are shifting their gym routines to home-workouts and looking for suitable equipment.
A recumbent bike is an excellent choice as it is safe, provides a total body workout for people of all ability levels, and helps to burn calories all over.
In this article, weâ€™re going to ensure our top picks for the best recumbent bikes for home in 2020.
List of Best Recumbent Bike for Home
|Features||Schwinn 270||Nautilus R616||Schwinn 230||Xterra SB2.5r||XTERRA Fitness FB350||Marcy ME-709||Marcy NS-716R||ProGear 555LXT|
- Schwinn recumbent bike is considered the best fitness bike in the market. So, you really canâ€™t get better than this, as it is manufactured by SchwinnÂ®, the icon in the bicycle and fitness products since 1895.
- The bike comes with all the features needed to have a great workout. It has twenty-nine programmed workouts, Bluetooth and mobile connectivity, ability to download workout information, heart-rate monitoring, backlit LCD screen, all of which make it the best Recumbent Bike for home.
- Of the best features about the Schwinn 270 is the impressive console. The 29 programmed workouts simulate fun and easy exercises, as well as more challenging hill and mountain rides.
- us take a detailed look into the features this device packs;
- Twenty-five levels of resistance for workout intensity and Twenty-nine workout programs
- Â download workout data, which includes speed, level, distance, time, RPM, heart rate, calories burned and resistance
- Flywheel and belt are perimeter weighted which provides a smooth pedaling motion regardless of the level of resistance
- 10 Year warrantyÂ for the frame, two years for the mechanical body, and one year for the electrical components.
- It comes in the higher price range; this fantastic model provides much higher functionality than rival models in the same price range and is worth every penny.Â
- can look at it on Amazon here.
Â The Exerpeutic Gold 525XLR Recumbent Bike is the best choice if youâ€™re looking for a compact and durable recumbent bike for your home, as this bike can be folded effortlessly and stored away.Â
Being composed of 30% more steel than other similar models, it is a very durable machine and can withstand heavy use. It provides support to users of up to 400 pounds in weight, compared to the 300lbs of the Schwinn 270.
Main Features that the Exerpeutic Gold Provides;
- Eight levels of magnetic tension which are controlled by the resistance dial
- A large LCD with fitness tracking and heartbeat sensors
- Smooth and quiet crank and transmission system.
1-year limited warranty.Â One of the drawbacks of this bike, however, is that there are no exercise programs. The warranty is also less than what one would expect for a regular bike. The assembly also seems a little complicated. However, compared to the price, it seems an excellent pick overall.
Have a look at this bike on Amazon here;
The Nautilus bikes are the only ones that can compete with the Schwinn 270 with regards to quality in the same price range. It offers much of the same features that the Schwinn 270 offers, albeit at a slightly higher price. At 97 pounds, this is also a tremendous recumbent bike for home as it is light and easy to move around.
What makes both the Schwinn 270 and the Nautilus R616 an excellent choice for home use is the Eddy Current Braking (ECB) resistance, which means that they can keep the noise levels very low, no matter how high the resistance!
Features of the Nautilus R616 are much like the Schwinn 270, and they include;
- 29 integrated workout programs
- Accessories include a water bottle located on the left-hand side of the seat, a USB charger, audio port, inbuilt speakers, media shelf, and a 3-speed fan.
- 10 Year warrantyÂ for the frame, two years for the mechanical body and one year for the electrical components and a 90 days labor warranty
You can check it out here at;
IMPEX is the Company behind the Marcy brand, which has been coming along since the 1930s, named after Walter Marcyan, the lifting champion.
This bike is â€˜Amazonâ€™sâ€™ choice, rated 4.5 stars by 5,432 reviewers! Let us look at the causes of this bikeâ€™s popularity with its users.
- Eight resistance levels which allow you to switch between resistance levels to have more control over the intensity of your workout
- Comfortable seat designed according to body contours
- Counter-balanced pedals with adjustable straps.Â
- This means that you have complete pedal control, and they will not feel like they have a will of their own!
- LCD screen which tracks speed, distance, calories, and the time.
- A weight of only 60 pounds makes for smooth movement in the house.
- 2-year warrantyÂ of the entire body.
- Maximum load ofÂ 300lb.
Similarly, it is also an excellent choice for seniors as it gives easy mounting and dismounting. On the other hand, one drawback is that batteries it does not come with batteries, so we have to buy them separately. But all in all, this is a very wholesome bike that you can get at the lower end of the price range.
Xterra SB2.5r bike is an excellent option in the mid-price field, with a 4.5 rating on Amazon. In addition, the heavy-duty steel frame and sleek construction not only give this bike an impressive look but also make it sturdier and thus the right choice for seniors. However, this sturdiness comes at a cost- it weighs slightly more than the average bike at 108lbs, so we would not suggest getting this model if you intend to move your bike around a lot.Â
Key features of this model are;
- 24 preset programs which include 2 preset, four heart rate, one target heart rate, one body fat, 1 watt, four user-defined and a manual program
- Sixteen levels of resistance that provide new and challenging workouts.
- Oversized, self-leveling and cushioned pedals ensure a gentle and fluid pedaling motion
- Dual backlit LCD screen
- Comes with shelf, speakers, and sound-connectivity to mobile.
Finally, this model does not pack the fancy monitors and features of the Schwinn 270 or the Nautilus R616, but it looks great and is sturdy enough to be the best recumbent bike for seniors.
Check it out on Amazon;