A spin bike is aerobic exercise equipment that works mainly for the muscles of the legs, buttocks, and the upper parts of the body. Especially, this bike is designed for people who wants to stay active and fit. Cycling an hour on a spin bike can burn more than 400 calories, depending on the intensity. Before you start buying the best indoor spin bike under 500, you should consider some factors that will make your purchase easier. In this article, we have presented a guide on buying a spin bike and highlighted the best spin bike under 500 dollars after doing in-depth research and tests that will fulfill your needs. These exercise bikes are adjustable in every aspect and will allow personalized workout.
Why Use A Spin Bike?
Doing exercise on a spin bike is an activity that helps to lose weight and contributes to the improvement of the cardio-circulatory and respiratory systems. The spin bike helps to lose weight with a heavy flywheel and belt drive system. Its resistance level varies to the intensity of the training. It improves the movement of different parts of the body by accelerating the metabolic process. So, a spin bike is an excellent option for having good health.
Table of Content:
Here is the table of content for having quick access:
- Top 5 Best Spin Bike Under 500 Review In 2020
- What To Consider Before Buying A Spin Bike?
If you want to know the highlights of the products we have selected, you can go with the comparison chart here:
JOROTO Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike with Magnetic Resistance Exercise Bikes
SNODE Indoor Cycling Bike Exercise Bike
YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
DMASUN Exercise Bike, Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Exercise Bike with Digital Display
Top 5 Best Spin Bike Under 500 Review In 2020
Finding the spin bike is not an easy task for the infinite number of models that exist in the market. Here, we present the best spin bike under $500 dollars with a reasonable price and quality ratio that suits you best.
1. JOROTO Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike with Magnetic Resistance
JOROTO Belt Drive Indoor Cycling Bike comes with 6 magnetic resistance that provides silent and smooth ride quality so that you can watch TV or music without disturbance. The steering wheel of the spin bike influences the smoothness and resistance range of pedaling. It has a 35lbs chromed flywheel, which is ideal for demanding users. The adjustable handlebar of this machine provides comfort and training efficiency.
You can enjoy a smooth and silent pedaling with the belt drive system. It has a digital monitor that helps to track speed, pulse, calories, distance, and time. Also, it has an AV type frame that ensures rigidity and stability in each workout. Its pedals are designed with a steel cage that provides grip on feet while cycling. You can adjust the handlebar from 27.5 inches to 56.2 inches.
The spin bike has 4 adjustable knobs in the stabilizers that provide stability in rough surface areas. It has an emergency braking system that protects us by stopping the machine. Also, it has 2 wheels that help to move it easily anywhere. Also, its multi-functional holder allows using a phone, tablet, and water bottle. It can hold up to 280lbs user weight.
Main Key Features:
- It has 6 magnetic resistance and a drive belt that helps to do exercise without making noise.
- Its AV type frame provides stability during the workout and can hold up to 280 pounds.
- The 35lbs chromed flywheel helps to achieve maximum user comfort, and you can adjust it during the exercise.
- Its 4 adjustable horizontal knob, seat tubes, and handlebar tubes provide safe riding with comfort.
- It has an LCD monitor that shows the speed, calories, time, and distance.
2. SNODE Indoor Cycling Bike
SNODE Indoor Cycling Bike has a chromed solid 35lbs flywheel that provides a real cycling sensation and offers an excellent training performance. You can adjust the seat and handlebar according to your forearm. On the handlebar, you can see real-time workout data, speed, time, pulse, calories, etc. with a digital display and heart rate sensor.
It has a digital display that helps to track the speed, time of exercise, burnt calories, and distance. It can hold up to 287 pounds of user weight that is ideal for everyone. Its non-slip pedal helps to ride the bike with confidence that is suitable for all shoes. It is equipped with two wheels that allow moving the bike easily anywhere. You will find a bottle cage at the front of the best spin bikes for home use that helps to get proper hydration during the spin exercise.
The drive belt provides a smooth and quiet riding experience and ensures comfort. The stationary spin bike has a multi-functional holder that allows us to keep a phone or tablet and enjoy music or watch movies while exercising. With the adjustable resistance knob, you can set the direction of the spin bike. Its handlebar is wrapped with foam that improves the grip on hand and avoids slippage.
Main Key Features:
- Its 35lbs flywheel and drive belt provide silent and smooth cycling performance.
- The LCD monitor shows the real-time data of speed, distance, calories, and period.
- Its frame is made with steel and has 2 wheels that help to move the bike quickly.
- Its seat and handlebar can be adjusted, which makes it suitable for everyone up to 287lbs.
- It has a holder to keep a phone or tablet and enjoy music or movies during exercise.
3. YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary
YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary comes with two way adjustable handlebar that provides comfortable and safe exercise for all sized users. It has a 4-way adjustable saddle that ensures indoor riding experience with 25 to 35 inches height. Also, the bike is made with a heavy-duty steel frame, which can hold up to 270lbs with guaranteed stability and longevity.
The bike has 35lbs flywheel with a drive belt that provides a quiet and smooth-riding experience without disturbing others. The pedals included an anti-skid cage that protects your legs from slippage due to over speed ride. With the resistance bar, you can stop the flywheel that ensures safety from an unexpected accident.
It has an LCD monitor that shows the time, speed, burned calories, odometer, and distance. Its flat bracket allows us to watch movies or enjoy music by keeping a phone or tablet on it. Also, it has a water bottle mount that keeps you hydrated while cycling. With two wheels, you can move the spin bike anywhere if you need it.
Main Key Features:
- It has 35 pounds flywheel with a drive belt that proves a secure and noise-free indoor riding experience.
- It is designed with a heavy-duty steel frame that can hold up to 270 pounds of user weight.
- The saddle and handlebar are adjustable so all sized user can do exercise with comfort.
- The digital monitor indicates the time, burned calories, speed in KM, and distance to check the progress.
- With the pedal cage and the brake pad, you will get non-slippage and emergency stop from the fast ride.
4. DMASUN Exercise Bike
DMASUN Exercise Bike has been designed to make very intensive use with professional use. The construction of the spin bike has been carried out based on a heavy-duty steel frame that provides excellent stability. Its 40lbs flywheel and maintenance-free drive belt work in a smooth, powerful, and silent way that improves the intensity of exercise.
The console consists of an LCD screen that shows maximum speed, distance traveled, training time, pulse rate, and burned calories. With this screen, you can enjoy music or movies with an iPad holder. Also, you can stay hydrated during exercise by keeping a water bottle on the bottle holder. Its two bottom wheels help to move it easily by simply tilting and scrolling.
Every people with any sizes & weight can use this bike because this damasun spin bike can hold up to 330 pounds weight. Its multi-grip handlebar provides the real feel of a road bike. You can stop the bike emergency by pressing the brake lever that ensures more safety during the workout. Also, it has anti-skid pedal cages that protect from slippage.
Main Key Features:
- The bike is made with a heavy-duty steel frame that can hold up to 330 pounds weight with stability and safety.
- Its high-end LCD monitor shows the pulse rate, calories, speed, distance, etc. with real-time tracking.
- It has a multi handlebar grip and adjustable resistance that is suitable from beginners to professionals.
- Its 40lbs flywheel and drive belt provide a very powerful and quiet transmission during training.
- It has two bottom wheels that allow moving the bike anywhere by tilting and scrolling.
5. Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Exercise Bike
Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Exercise Bike comes with 40lbs chromed flywheel and drive belt that provides quiet, smooth, and maintenance-free exercise on the spin bike. The adjustable resistance system of the indoor exercise bike works through a quick stop lever that reduces the pressure on your joints and also ensures easy maintenance.
The best budget spin bike is built with a heavy-duty steel frame that can hold up to 265 pounds weight. Its saddle can be adjusted both vertical and horizontal so that you have the perfect posture. Also, its handlebar can be adjusted according to your needs that provides a better adaptation and maximum comfort in performing the workouts.
The built-in transport wheels will allow you to move the spin bike from the storage area to the training area and vice versa in a very fast and comfortable way. You can check your workout progress, speed, distance, scan, and burned calories with a multifunctional LCD monitor. The pedals have anti-skid cages that protect you from slippage and suit all types of footwear.
Main Key Features:
- The bike is built with a heavy-duty steel frame that can hold up to 265lbs user weight.
- Its 40lbs flywheel and drive belt provide a smooth and noise-free riding experience.
- With the LCD monitor, you can check the progress, speed, distance, and so on.
- It saddle and handlebar can be adjustable according to your height to get e perfect exercise.
- The anti-skid cages in the pedal provide safety from slippage during the workout.
What To Consider Before Buying A Spin Bike?
Exercising on a spin bike provides several health benefits in the short and long term. You have to select the best one that will help you to burn calories & save your precious time. That’s why you have to consider some factors before buying the best spin bike under 500 dollars that will provide service for a long time.
The frame is a very important factor when choosing a spin bike. The main characteristics that must be taken into account are the manufacturing material, quality, stability. We recommend your professional spin bikes that have the steel frame because they are very resistant.
Spin bikes come with 2 different transmitting system. By chain, the most reliable and economical, practically maintenance-free. By belt, something more expensive but softer and quieter than the previous one.
The resistance system is responsible for regulating the force necessary to perform the exercise. There are different types:
- Magnetic: It is an expensive option, does not require any maintenance, and is silent and 100% accurate.
- Electromagnetic: Like the previous one, it is silent and precise. It needs electricity for its operation. It is the most demanding but high price option.
It is not advisable to buy a spin bike with a flywheel of less than 20lbs. The more weight the flywheel has, you can practice a more demanding exercise and have a greater smoothness.
Not all spin bikes have a monitor, especially high-end ones. A good spin bike monitor should incorporate Rev counter, time, speed, distance. The heart rate sensor is necessary to monitor your heart rate during the Spin session.
Two types of the pedal come with a spin bike: Manual and Automatic. The pedal should be based on the kind of footwear you wear during exercise. Your bike pedal thread should be universal, so you can change them if you decide to use a different kind of footwear.
These are the factors to take into account that will help you to buy the best spin bike.
Note: We told you here what thing you have to consider when you want to buy a spin bike, and we wrote another article for you on exercise bikes buying guide; click here to check that also.
Why Should You Buy A Spin Bike Under 500?
To lose weight and reduce volume fast, you must need a spin bike. There are many reasons for having a spin bike. Such as:
- Improve strength and tone: During the sessions, this exercise on the spin bike will allow us to strengthen and tone both our lower train and our upper train, yes, the latter to a lesser extent.
- Burn calories fast: Exercising on the spin bike for about 45 minutes, more than 450 calories will be. Also, it helps to lose weight by reducing the body fat of our body used as energy in this type of aerobic training.
- Improve heart condition: The exercise in the spin bike allows us to improve our cardiovascular function. It helps to achieve a better circulation of the blood of our organism. Also, it helps to improve many functions of our body by enhancing the level of oxygen in the vein.
- Reduce stress: By exercising on the spin bike, endorphins release from the body. It will improve self-esteem with a direct effect on your mood. Also, the quality of sleep is affected by improving considerably. In general, you will get a feeling of well-being that you do not want to stop having.
For these reasons, you should own a spin bike. Now, choose from our reviewed 5 best spin bikes under $500 Dollars that have all these benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Here, we answered some frequently asked questions that will eliminate your hesitation about the spin bike.
Is spin bike good for weight loss?
How many calories burned riding a spin bike?
Can you use a spin bike with Zwift?
Can you put a spin bike on carpet?
Can you spin bike while pregnant?
A spinning bike is one of the smallest machines you can buy. Without a doubt, it is better than a treadmill or even an elliptical trainer. I have presented you with 5 best budget spin bikes that have chosen after doing an in-depth study on each brand and each model.
In the meantime, I would like to recommend Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Exercise Bike that has 40 pounds flywheel with a drive belt mechanism, providing a quiet and maintenance-free riding experience. The best spin bike under 500 dollars has non-slip safety pedals with anti-skid cages that can effectively prevent the potential risks associated with sliding feet in the movement. You can also put your phone or tablet in the holder to listen to music and watch movies while exercising on a spin bike.