Nobody disagrees that exercise is one of the most important parts of daily routines to maintain a healthy life. Whether you’re trying to get on packs or planning to lose the excessive fats from your body, it’s easier with the proper tool. Among the high-end intense workout machines, mini exercise bikes are getting more popular nowadays. Due to their capability of giving you low-intensity workout experience, you’ll find it amusing to use one.
Especially if you’re recovering from surgery, it can be a big issue to maintain your fitness with higher intensity tools. You can use these bikes under your working desk, without sacrificing the working hours. However, if you get a mini exercise bike, it can be a great tool to maintain your fitness during a recovery period. Stick to the article to know how do mini exercise bikes work and how they can benefit you in the long run.
Do mini exercise bikes work?
Exercise is a much-needed thing without any doubt, and exercise machines make it easier to get in shape. However, not every exercise machine will give you the same result because every tool has its own way of working. The mini exercise bikes, which you may know as the paddle bikes, are not any different.
Pedal exercise isn’t unknown due to the widespread usage of stationary bikes. Paddle bikes are great at helping you lose weight effectively without interrupting your work time. You can set the machine under the desk and keep on paddling and meed your everyday fitness goals.
How do you use a mini exercise bike
Using a mini exercise bike can be a great option to keep on losing weight. However, you have to use the machine the right way to get the most out of it. Here is the step by step process of how do mini exercise bikes work:
Step 1 (Placing your feet):
Before you start paddling the bike, you have to place your feed in the paddles correctly. There will be two straps to buckle your feet to the paddle for keeping a firm grip on the paddle. Don’t use the paddle bike barefooted, or you may get irritation or pain to the bottom of the feet or the top of it. However, buckle up your feet and tighten the strap using the strings until they grip around your feet.
Step 2 (Starting to paddle):
Don’t start heavy paddles right after strapping your feet on the paddles; or, it may suddenly fracture your feet. Rather, you should start paddling it slowly and speeding up gradually with the resistance of the paddles. Now, when you start to paddle, you should go downward instead of taking it forward. Your toes won’t point upward like a bicycle; rather, you will point them forward.
Step 3 (Take the resistance up)
Once you have the machine set and your feet strapped to the paddles, you can start paddling the bike. Take it slow and make some paddles gradually; let the resistance make the paddles go faster. Keep paddling the bike on slow speed for about 10-15 minutes, then increase the tension on the resistance. With a few hours of practice, you’ll start to understand using the bike properly.
Step 4 (Adjust the resistance)
If your machine has a resistance controlling feature in it, you can adjust the tension to it as well. You can make the exercises spicer with the adjustment knob, depending on your fitness level. If you’re a beginner to this kind of bikes, you should take it slow and use the resistance to a higher setting. Once you get used to the machine, you’ll be able to use it with less resistance to the bike.
Benefits Of Mini Exercise Bikes
Using a mini exercise bike comes with some impressive benefits that you cannot find in any other exercise machine. If you’re confused about getting a mini exercise bike, here are some of the most beneficial aspects of using a mini exercise bike:
- Take less space: Mini exercise bikes are the best exercise machines that don’t take much space, and they have the most compact structures. You can fit the machine almost anywhere under your desk, in the closet, or even the shoe rake.
- Lightweight and portable: You can easily take the mini bike from here to there without having to struggle with the weight. They come with less weight compared to the larger resistance bikes available in the market.
- Upper or lower body workout: Using the mini exercise bikes are multipurpose for both upper and lower body parts. You can tone up your leg muscles using the bike and use it for your upper body parts like arms and chests.
- Requires no seat: Mini exercise bikes are the perfect choice if you’re not okay with the other full-sized bikes that take extra space with the attached seat. Minibikes have no seat; instead, you will sit on your chair and keep it under your feet and use it.
- Resistance workout: Mini workout bikes are the best options for their resistance in the paddles. You can adjust the tension level of the resistance according to your fitness level and goal.
- Heart rate monitor: Most of the high-end mini exercise bikes will come with a heart rate monitor along with a display to show the results. You can also get the speed, distance, and other info on display.
- Best for elderly people: Elderly people who cannot go out and run or get on full-sized exercise bikes can use these mini exercise bikes. They can easily sit on the couch and start using the mini exercise bike with lower resistance.
Frequently asked questions
Here are the most frequently asked questions about mini exercise bikes that you must know about. You’ll be able to relate them if you’ve also been thinking about getting your own mini exercise bike:
Are mini exercise bikes good for you?
A mini exercise bike is a perfect alternative to treadmill desks because of resistance tension to the paddles. 20-30 minutes of exercise on the bike can help you reduce fat and fight obesity.
Can you lose weight with a mini exercise bike?
If you have obesity, using a mini exercise bike can help you fight it and reduce the extra fat, starting with your legs. With the regular use of the machine, you can perfectly lose weight in the long run.
Is pedaling good exercise?
Paddling on a mini exercise bike will include your calves, quadriceps, hamstrings and other leg muscles. Using the bike to burn calories and reduce weight, makes it a better exercise machine.
Fighting obesity and burning extra calories take time and patience with an insane amount of exercise. However, you cannot meet your fitness goal unless you use the right machines and tools to help you out. Although there are plenty of high-end machines to lose weight, you cannot keep using them for extra long hours, especially while working. Using the machine is super easy, even if you’re working on a desk.
You can set the machine under the desk and keep working while exercising using the bike. However, don’t make the wrong purchase while buying a mini exercise bike in the first place. A cheap bike will make noise and make it impossible to use it in a working area. As you now know, how to do mini exercise bikes work, you can easily use the machine in your working space or spending a busy schedule.