This pandemic has brought a gamma wave to all of our lives. Getting out of the house has become restricted in many aspects. Yet life has to move on. Our health cannot stand still for the sake of what is going around.
Are you wondering how to take care of an exercise session without hitting the gym regularly? Many instruments can cover up for that. In my entire quarantine experience, there is this one instrument that saved my bad knee. Today we will be discussing the ProGear 225 exercise bike reviews to understand how you can shape your body even in this lockdown.
How We Reviewed This Product?
It is better to reflect the transparency among the writer and the readers while reviewing any piece. To establish that, we decided to give a peek at how we reviewed this product.
While being on the lookout for an exercise bike for bad knees, we had to go through almost 30 articles overnight that took more than 8hours. There were comparisons between the five main products that have been currently ruling the market. We saw ten different customer reviews that were enough to give a clear idea about choosing the ultimate product for review.
Those reviews also included buyers’ opinions about purchasing the same product. The opinions are packed with information, talking about the good and bad of the product, how long it lasts and how you can have a better workout experience. Here we will be peaking into all of those.
Progear 225 Exercise Bike Overview
The main point before buying an important product is to know about it. The easiest way of acquiring knowledge about a product these days is to look at the reviews about it. Let’s not waste any more time and dive into the main attraction of today’s article- ProGear 225 exercise bike reviews.
Best For Bad Knees: Progear 225 Folding Magnetic Exercise Bike
The Progear 225 is an indoor exercise bike for fitness lovers. It takes care of your knee and heart, all at the same time. From the compact structure to the well-furnished details, this one has stolen many hearts, in the case of both genders. Let me explain to you how.
The instrument comes with four fundamental parts- the seat, the handles, the pedals, and an LCD monitor. The ergonomic seat can be adjusted to a height from 5’1” to 6’. There is a knob below the seat that assists with the height accommodation. A rubber material covers the seat for your comfort.
The pedals come out from two sides of the wheel. They are strapped with a safety cable to prevent slipping during heavy cycling. The pedals are smooth enough to carry out exercising without causing any extra pressure. You can use the pedals in reverse position but it is suggested not to stand while cycling the bike.
The handles lie at the two sides of the LCD monitor. They are furnished with a pulse monitoring button on which if you put your hands while exercising, the LCD monitor will monitor it. The screen also shows run time, burnt calories, distance, and heart rate.
It arrives with a flywheel protected inside a rim that runs smoothly. The wheel is driven by a 3 crank system. There is a pressure resistance magnetic knob that can settle from 0 to 8 to make your workout even more challenging.
One of the best parts about his instrument is that it can be folded and accommodated in any space. The folding capacity is also the reason this exercise bike is better than many products of the same category.
It often becomes difficult to empty a space if you are living in a small accommodation for exercise instruments since they are quite heavy and take up a big amount of room. This product has hit the bar high enough to take off that burden from your shoulder. There is a small wheel below the frame that helps with relocating the instrument when necessary.
Most of the indoor exercise bikes come with pedals that have a big space between them and the wheel. It makes you bend forward a lot while cycling.
It can cause strain on the spine. The ProGear 225 folding upright bike has made an exception with it. Now you can do cycling while keeping your back straight.
ProGear 225 Specification
- Product dimension: 32 x 17.5 x 46 inches
- Weight capacity: 220lbs
- Height capacity: 5’1” to 6’
- Battery: 2AAA
- Resistance capacity: 8
- 3 different crank systems available
Progear 225 Main Features
- The exercise bike can measure pulse rate on an LCD monitor.
- It can be folded and adjusted according to accommodation space.
- The pressure resistance knob provides magnetic adaptation.
- The seat can be adapted to the height of the user.
- It comes with an LCD monitor for measuring stats during cycling.
- There are accessory holders on the instrument.
Progear 225 Quality And Durability
The ProGear 225 exercise bike reviews surely tell a lot about the product quality. The original product quality is quite good compared to the price. The ProGear 225 is sturdy enough for people who are starting the exercise at entry-level. It is a compact bike that is easy to move and use.
If you are mostly in the shorter height range, this product will give you the best results. It is suitable for people with low endurance. You can add it as an exercise machine mixing it up with other instruments. It will push you to workout in lazy times instead of being unproductive.
The ProGear 225 also aced the option of being quiet and almost zero noisy. If you have a sleeping child in your house, working out will not be an issue from now on.
The durability of the product depends on how often it is being used. It does not come with a promise of the decade but if maintained properly you can take it for a long way.
What We Like
Here are some of the things that caught out attraction while going through the ProGear exercise bike reviews:
- The folding capacity makes the instrument much more user-friendly.
- It can measure pulse rate while working out along with many other stats.
- The resistance knob comes with 8 levels of magnetic adjustments.
- The sitting position is great for vertically challenged people.
- The back can stay straight while cycling on this bike.
- It is very quiet, even during workout sessions.
- The assembling process is almost effortless and less time-consuming.
What Should improve
Even after being ornamented with many good features, there is always room for some improvement. Let’s discuss about those:
- The machine could be built much sturdier than it is. Since this type of instrument has to endure much pressure, there should be no room for weak construction.
- The screw around the handles gets loosened quite often, even after tightening them occasionally.
- The pulse rate does not go up after reaching a certain limit, no matter how hard the user is working.
- It is not very helpful for people with long legs.
How To Use Progear 225 Exercise Bike
Exercising on an indoor bike is not a rocket. It is as simple as drinking water except for the fact you will have a faster heartbeat and a sweaty cloth. Here is a complete ProGear 225 exercise bike manual to assist you with the usage process:
- First, start the LCD monitor at the top, between the two handles.
- You can ride the bike after adjusting the height of the seat that matches your length of the leg.
- There is a knob below the seat that will help with the adjustment issue.
- Put your hands on the handle and feet on the pedals.
- The hands are supposed to touch the pulse rate monitoring button. The feet are suggested to be caged inside the pedal straps for better protection.
- You can also adjust the resistance knob according to how challenging you want this workout to be.
- After you have been through all these adaptations, you can enjoy a smooth and silent cardiovascular ride on your precious bike.
- You can also put your phone or the water bottle in the holder.
- After finishing working out, you can fold the machine to a certain position for saving space.
One of the statements we all can agree on while talking about fitness is that we all want to be lazy but look like Angelina Jolie at the same time. The spontaneity for working out even lessens when you have to prepare an entire schedule to go to the gym, after a long tiring day. So, why not bring the gym to the house?
You may not start with all the intricate instruments a gym offers, but you can give it a try. To ensure that possibility, we have brought to you the ProGear 225 exercise bike reviews. Hopefully, you will come back to your post-lockdown desired shape very soon with this one.