There are plenty of methods to lose weight and shape your body but Recumbent Bike workouts are the most effective one. As it is easy to use and the users of this bike feel more secure with this cycling machine. Throughout the process of cycling you get a chance to reshape your back, knees and hips. Furthermore, it also helps you in losing weight with less efforts.
Although, riding a recumbent bike is easy but we find many people struggling with it. Because, they are unaware of the proper way of using it. Therefore, it is compulsory to learn everything about a recumbent bike that can help you while exercising. There are a few tips and tricks about recumbent bikes and we would like to enlighten you with.
Here’s how you can ride the bike properly to achieve all recumbent bike benefits.
How To Use Recumbent BikeTips For Recumbent Bike
- Settle the seat of the bike with an angle that comforts you throughout the exercise. You can easily adjust the seat by gliding it onwards or backwards.
- Before you start pedaling it, make sure that your feet’s balls are above the spindle.
- In case, you are not satisfied with the angle of the back seat and want to adjust it. Validate that the bike is not running during the adjustment.
- While pedaling, if the feets are overloaded you need to underneath the angle of the back seat.
Recumbent Bike Workouts
You can show your interest in various kinds of exercises that can be done with the help of a recumbent bike. Most importantly, these exercises include a few HIIT workouts as well. Each of the exercises are good enough to lose your weight and carve your lower body parts. Such as , legs, thighs and knees. You must be wondering about which exercise to select for goals you are looking forward to achieving.
There are a few recumbent bike exercises that need some extra tools. Where you can workout on the other exercises just by using a recumbent bike. So, select one recumbent bike exercise that meets all your needs and suits your regular routine. We will notify the best recumbent bike workout for beginners. The workouts are given below,
1. Recumbent Bike Exercise ( Interval Coaching )
For this recumbent bike workout, you need to spend little time on some specific moves but with perfection. The duration of this workout is 20-25 minutes only. Therefore, make sure to give your best while working out on this exercise. The major step is to pedal the bike continuously for a specific time. In case, your mindset is to lose weight instead of the recovery process. You need to pedal the bike faster than the normal speed. We will discuss the process of this workout in depth so you can perform all the steps easily.Steps
- First of all, you need to warm up yourself for the interval training workout. And the best way to do it is to start pedaling the bike for 5 minutes. Make sure not to pedal the bike faster and reduce the resistance level.
- Right after the warm up session turn the resistance level into the toughest level you can manage to do. This recumbent bike exercise plan is to pedal the bike as fast as you can. And keep pedaling the machine for the next one minute. You are not allowed to move on to the next step until you complete the one minute of tough pedaling.
- When you are satisfied with the process of the previous step. You are required to pedal the bike slowly for the next 30 seconds.
- The next phase is to repeat both of the steps one by one for at least 20 minutes of time. Pedal the bike faster first and then move on to the slow pedaling.
- You are only 5 minutes away from a proper warming up session. The last 5 minutes depends on how you would like to pedal a recumbent exercise bike. Throughout these 5 minutes you are allowed to ride the bike with any resistance level.
Follow each of the steps carefully and you will be able to answer this question. How to ride a recumbent bike? This interval coaching exercise is beneficial in different ways. Such as, it lets you shape your lower body parts, make your major muscles strong and lose weight within a little time. So, to achieve all recumbent bike benefits you must have access to the recumbent bike first.
2. Absolute Body Exercise
We notice various people asking the question are recumbent bikes good. And we answer their question by showing them the benefits of recumbent bikes practically. Have you ever imagined making your complete body stronger. It is possible if you keep an eye on the recumbent bike before and after results. Apart from the lower body parts there is a way to keep your upper body parts stronger as well. You can name it a full body workout routine for men.
This recumbent bike exercise routine is going to shape the upper body completely. We will let you know how you can avail the chance of carving your body just by riding a recumbent bike. Before all else, go through the using procedure of the bike before trying it. Moreover, the duration of this recumbent exercise is 25-30 minutes like the previous one. But the steps of this seated bike exercise will be different from that one.
Here’s the complete guidance about this recumbent bike exercise plan.Steps
- Firstly you are going to require a pair of lite-weighted dumbbells that can be lifted easily while cycling. Most importantly, the weight of the dumbbells should not be more than 8-10 lbs.
- Once you have a great grip on the dumbbells, start pedaling the bike with an average speed. This pedaling process should be performed for 2 minutes continuously.
- After the compilation of two minutes pedaling round. The next step is to pedal the bike slowly while not lifting any kind of weight. This step should last for at least 2 minutes as well.
- For the next 2 minutes ride the bike while the resistance is increased. But this time you have to lift the weight to your shoulders. You may feel tired during this session of pedaling. But you are not allowed to stop the procedure as it is the time when you burn your fat completely.
- The next step depends on how much resistance level you want to set. Or how much you are capable of facing the workout. This process is similar to the previous one, keep pedaling the bike for next two minutes according to the resistance level you are capable of managing. But you can change your moves with the dumbbells by putting them on the shoulders or grabbing in hand and moving them.
- The finishing step is where you can struggle. You have to pedal the bike as fast as you can and move your arms with dumbbells you have not done before in the workout. It is necessary to finish up the things with determination.
- Complete toned Legs Workout
This recumbent bike workout plan will affect straight away to your legs. That is to say, it is the finest workout for all those who are finding a way to strengthen their legs. But there is an important fact to discuss here , you are not going to lift any kind of weight throughout the workout. But you should prepare your legs completely as the whole burden will be on the legs while doing this exercise.
If we coffer about the way of performing this leg workout, your legs might be tired badly but the steps are easy to follow. This seated bike exercise is capable of being done within 4-5 steps. Follow the whole procedure to meet all the recumbent bike benefits.Steps
- Before all else, go for the fastest pedaling formula with an average level of resistance. Remember you have to lessen the one minute from each of the next steps. For example, if you are going to pedal the bike faster for 5 minutes. The next step will last for 4 minutes of time.
- After riding the bike in fast mode for 5 minutes. You are going to pedal this time for 4 minutes and the pedaling speed should be slower compared to the previous one. You can keep the resistance level the same.
- Keep reducing the time by one minute and lesse the pedaling speed as well. That is to say, in the last minute you need to ride the bike very slowly.
- After the completion of 5 minutes steps. Now start doing the same procedure again but this time starting from 4 minutes and ending at the one minute with slow pedaling.
- At the end of this recumbent bike exercise routine your legs will be tired enough. But it is the sign of a great ending of the legs workout. What we want you to do is not to stop working out during the exercise. And confirm that you are performing each of the steps as per requirements.
Are Recumbent Bikes a Good Workout?
Those who are fond of aerobic exercise and finding a way to perform it. We suggest that they use a recumbent bike for this purpose. If we go through the recumbent bike benefits, it is capable of making your various muscles, body part stronger and carved. The muscles include hamstrings, quadriceps, legs and glutes as well. What else you need when you can easily maintain the shape of your body just by using the recumbent bike.
Can You Lose Weight On a Recumbent Exercise Bike?
When it comes to the weight losing process, we suggest everyone with a recumbent bike. As it is more beneficial compared to any other other running machine. If you ride the bike on a regular basis you will surely be burning calories and losing weight from all around the body even from the stomach. All you need to do is to choose a suitable exercise and move on with a full body workout routine for men.
How Long Should I Exercise On a Recumbent Bike?
The chances of achieving all the deserving benefits from the recumbent bike depends on how long you pedal the bike daily. But there is a specific time mentioned about riding a recumbent bike on a regular basis. The process of pedaling should not last less than 25 minutes. Although, you can focus on cycling the bike for 30 minutes daily. If you go after with this recumbent exercise bike routine, you will be able to reach the goal you set on the very first day.